Orbion Space Technology seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to join our team in Houghton, Michigan. If you enjoy being a key person to a smooth-running operation, we want to hear from you!
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Starting pay of $15.00 – $20.00 per hour based on your knowledge and experience. In addition, we offer health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days) and contribution matching retirement plan.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT.
- Perform general office tasks (typing, filing, answering phones/emails, greeting clients, run errands locally, etc.)
- Coordinate and assist with Human Resource tasks including, but not limited to, employee paperwork and benefit enrollment.
- Process expense reports and purchase requests.
- Prepare and proofread project reports/contracts.
- Manage accounts payable actions and check requests.
- Reconcile bank accounts and credit cards.
- Keep track of company assets; maintain office supplies.
- Coordinate travel arrangements.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
We are looking for a professional who enjoys being the center of activity (think air traffic controller). This position keeps everyone on task, up to date with company happenings, and on time with deliverables. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- 2 years’ experience working as an administrative or executive assistant in a busy office setting interacting with other employees and customers; position includes phone, receptionist, computer data entry, word processing, and filling duties.
- Experience managing or working in a high-tech office, a bonus.
- Degree in Accounting, Business, Human Resources or related field helpful, but not required.
- Exceptional collaboration skills required with ability to hold people accountable.
- Excellent time management and communication skills (written, verbal, grammar, proofreading).
- Ability to solve problems through effective interaction and communication.
- Ability to work under time constraints to ensure deadlines are met.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel and Outlook), required.
- Experience with Accounts Payable, desired.
- Ability to maintain and promote a positive attitude in the work environment.
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well be a flexible and active individual contributor.
- Valid driver’s license required.
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
We look forward to learning more about you!
ABOUT US. Learn more about our company, people and projects at orbionspace.com.