Orbion Space Technology seeks a well-rounded engineer to join our team as a Project Engineer in Houghton, Michigan. The ideal candidate is able to lead and execute projects dedicated toward mass production of spacecraft hardware, is self-motivated, and is driven by a fast-paced, exciting, and collaborative work environment. Previous experience with aerospace production activities is desired.
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. $60,000 – $90,000 starting annual salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the thrill of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE PROJECT ENGINEER.
- Perform project engineering and team leadership efforts by leveraging established plans, schedules, budgets, designs, and procedures.
- Leverage established plans to lead multi-disciplinary electric propulsion system development activities, including laboratory testing and data analysis.
- Plan and lead system requirement verification efforts and test campaigns, including but not limited to, receiving inspections, acceptance tests, and qualification tests.
- Lead efforts with suppliers and manufacturing shops to source flight components, piece-parts, and sub-assemblies.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
We are looking for professionals with keen industry knowledge and experience. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or a directly related degree required; Master’s degree a bonus.
- 2 years’ experience in a production environment, preferably in aerospace.
- A solid understanding of applicable engineering principles, business practices, and experience working directly with hardware in the aerospace industry is highly desired.
- Experience with modeling tools desired, including creating solid models, as well as executing and interpreting structural, thermal, fluid, and magnetic field models.
- Great communication skills, technical depth, breadth, and passion will enable you to work effectively with cross functional (electrical, mechanical, software, system, test) product development teams.
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well be an active individual contributor.
- Willingness to travel on occasion (10-15%).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
We look forward to learning more about you!
ABOUT US. Learn more about our company, people and projects at orbionspace.com.