Orbion Space Technology seeks experienced Software Engineers to join our exciting and innovative team in our Houghton, Michigan headquarters.
Are you a versatile software engineer with significant embedded software and register-level programming experience? Do you have FPGA development experience? If so, this may be your dream job developing aerospace technology!
COMPENSATION/BENEFITS. Enjoy a very competitive starting salary based on your knowledge and experience. In addition to the thrill of making monumental changes to the aerospace industry, employees enjoy a flexible work schedule, health insurance, prescription drug coverage, paid time off (vacation, paid holidays, sick days), contribution matching retirement plan, and employee stock ownership. Relocation assistance available.
RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SOFTWARE ENGINEER.
- Design and develop flight and ground software for spacecraft plasma propulsion systems and electrical power control.
- Manage technical progress and cost.
- Interface with other functional organizations, especially flight hardware.
- Develop and execute software verification plans for flight software.
- Aid in development of laboratory test software.
- Support and participate in laboratory propulsion system testing.
A CAREER OPPORTUNITY.
We are looking for experienced software professionals with keen industry knowledge. Strong candidates for this position possess the following:
- Experience and proficiency with embedded software and register-level programming required.
- Previous experience writing software for flight and/or space programs will be highly regarded in our consideration.
- Degree in Computer Science or directly related field desired, however, your experience matters most to us.
- Experience with FPGA firmware development is a bonus.
- Experience with measurement and test software/hardware, especially LabVIEW, a bonus.
- An ability to collaborate in a team setting as well be an active individual contributor.
- Willingness to travel on occasion (10%).
INTERESTED? Apply online below.
We look forward to learning more about you!
ABOUT US. Learn more about our company, people and projects at orbionspace.com.